Whatever you’re writing, I can offer you:
- Consultation on manuscripts at all stages of their development.
- Coaching for writers in all genres who need direction and focus.
- Developmental editing for fiction that includes critique of plot, characterization, setting, pacing, point of view, and the opening and resolution.
- Developmental editing for nonfiction that includes critique of the book’s arc, clarity in the flow of ideas, determining where the argument might be too simplistic or too complex, and all structural issues.
- Stylistic editing to clarify meaning, eliminate jargon, polish language.
- Line-by-line editing for smoothness and clarity while maintaining your voice and style.
- Copy editing for grammar, usage, spelling, and punctuation.
We will begin with a phone call to get acquainted, discuss how we can work together, and identify your needs, questions, and concerns. After that, I will be available by email and also by phone as needed.
Contact me for pricing.
You must be over 18 to sign up for manuscript editing.
“Working with Lev felt like a professional collaboration. He shared honest and helpful feedback, insight and wisdom, and most importantly, encouragement. He made the process gratifying, and did so with efficiency and a sense of humor.”
—Patti Nakfoor, Michigan
“Lev Raphael’s developmental editing retained the best of my writing. He took time to note the powerful and evocative parts in my story while pointing out the significant character and structural changes that were needed. Lev also fine-tuned my book with a good deal of copy editing after the developmental changes were finished, ensuring that the book satisfied professional industry standards.”
—Sue Nykoruk, Michigan novelist
“Lev keeps me focused on what I want the story to say so that I don’t devolve into over-the-top, derivative angst. I always look forward to getting his feedback, because whatever he says is going to help me be a better writer. He’s everything a great editor and teacher should be.”
—Leigh Ann Wallace
“Having Lev as your editor is like attending a one-person workshop. He gives his total attention to you and your writing, and edits your manuscript on a very timely basis. I learned so much about my writing! If you’re on the fence about whether or not to hire him as an editor, jump off. You’ll learn more than you expect.”